Why choose Lis as your keynote speaker?
Her speaking/presenting portfolio includes:
- Creator of The Vagina Dialogues and Talking Bollocks
- Radio Presenter for BBC Radio Berkshire, Kick fm (now the Breeze fm)
- TV presenter for cable station Thames Valley TV
- Keynote speaker at National Health Food Stores Annual Conference
- Keynote speaker at Bodytalk UK Annual Conference
- Speaker at Womens’ Development Group, Vodafone
- Numerous WI groups
- Athena Networking
- Member of the Professional Speaking Association
Lis has a wealth of experience to draw from and can tailor her material to suit your meeting or conference needs. Whoever is in the audience, Lis’ aim is to inspire people (women in particular) to open their minds to new possibilities.
Lis has led workshops in a variety of topics such as:
- communication skills
- stress management
- media skills
- women returning to the workplace
- volunteer support for cancer patients
These workshops have been delivered for several organisations including, most notably:
- Camelot Foundation
- Speak Up, Speak Out
- The Burberry Group
- Millennium Trust
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Women returning to the Workplace Workshops
- Workshops in Schools –Communication Skills and Radio Days
(Testimonials specifically on training to follow shortly).
And finally… Lis takes what she does seriously – but not herself! Here’s a taste of a ‘key’ ingredient to Lis’ success, both as a speaker and life in general, her sense of fun and humour. Her philosophy has always been that everyone learns better and retains more when they’re having fun. Watch this and enjoy 🙂
COUNTDOWN TO THE NEXT EVENT
VAGINA DIALOGUES: Saturday 18th January 2020
TALKING BOLLOCKS: tba
CONNECT WITH US
“She [Lis] comes as a wonderful package. Entertaining, compassionate, energetic and a true connector of people…”
“Lis Allen should be an item in every girl’s handbag”
“She’s a class act. World class, in fact”
Some of the really quiet students got up to speak, or put their hands up to say or suggest something – and were glad they did afterwards. Lis has a gentle, unassuming way that gives them confidence – and she is also funny, which relaxes everyone!
They loved the idea that you don’t always get things right. In fact, that’s important; that’s how you learn and become a better, more confident person.
This morning I was to be found rummaging in my bureau, searching for my passport. It was exactly where I thought it should be (small miracle!) and I was able to give my details in seconds. Am I booking a flight or trip abroad? No, I was giving my details for...
Aged 18, I made a committed decision to myself that I would live life to the full, grasp interesting opportunities and have as much fun as possible. As a result, I’ve had an extremely successful life (by my measure of success) and my intention is to continue with...
Do you live inside or outside of your comfort zone?